RFL Xmas Expo: Scandinavia!

Region Scandinavia!
Fun Fact #1: December 13 is Saint Lucia day. Lucia was a young girl who was killed for her religious beliefs in 304 A.D. She is loved because she took food to the Christians who were hiding in the catacombs under Rome. At that time, Christians were hated and often killed for their beliefs.

Designed by: Sabrina Aurelia
If someone finds a gumdrop missing, I didn't take it!
I wish to find my gift, yet the elf keeps shooing me away, insisting it's not time until Christmas. However, I doubt they could hide a horse in these boxes.
This was a new experience for me witnessing all these animals sign carols. They didn't do too bad, surprisingly.

Fun Fact 2#: Danes, Swedes and Norwegians base their Santa on a mythological figure – a gnome known as a “tomte” or “nisse” in the Scandinavian languages – whereas Finns, who are ethnically and linguistically a different people, know Santa as “joulupukki,” a Christmas buck or goat, derived from old pagan Norse mythology.
Reminder to myself: I need to bring mom back to help me buy these treats; my piggy bank holds nothing but dust.

Fun Fact #3: The day after Christmas is Stephen’s Day after the patron saint of animals. Farmers give their animals extra food on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blinking Cute Box CatBlinking Cute Box CatBlinking Cute Box Cat Blinking Cute Box Cat Blinking Cute Box Cat Heart Chat Bubble Blinking Cute Box Cat Heart Chat Bubble Blinking Cute Box Cat Chocolate Chip Cookie Cute Black Pencil Normal Pencil Cool Grey Pointer Glitter Cool Grey Pointer Glitter Beads 2 Coat Hanger